Details about the first patient; shelter in place order will be enforced
March 20, 2020 — Public Health Officer Dr. Noemi Doohan shared a few details about the county’s first confirmed case of COVID-19, and promised to shut down businesses that do not comply with her order to shelter in place. Already on the first full day of the order being in effect, she announced that one hospitality business had been in violation, and that she had ordered it closed.
Five people are being monitored in quarantine, and Doohan said public health is working on tracing the contacts of the patient who has been confirmed.
The person who tested positive for the virus is a woman under 30, who was diagnosed at a South Coast primary care clinic. Doohan said she is being monitored, and that she poses no threat to public health. None of the people known to have come into contact with her have shown signs of illness so far, and if they continue to present as healthy, they will not be tested.