KZYX&Z HAS AN OPENING FOR MEMBERSHIP DIRECTOR
Deadline Monday, January 9 at 5 pm
KZYX&Z, Mendocino County Public Broadcasting (MCPB), is seeking a Membership Director to maintain and cultivate our membership base and organize fundraising efforts. The Membership Director reports to the General Manager and works in collaboration with other staff to forward the interests of Mendocino County Public Broadcasting through direct community support. This is a 32 hours per week position, requiring occasional weekends and evenings during pledge drives, and could increase to full time after six months. Please send cover letter, resume and three professional references to email@example.com by 5 pm Pacific Time, January 9.
- Maintain and develop familiarity with donor management database
- Manage all donor accounts
- Respond effectively to listeners on matters related to their memberships
- Spearhead thank you gift selection and messaging for donors; distribute gifts in a timely manner
- With Program Director and other staff, coordinate and execute major fundraising drives (currently two per year, plus end of year campaign)
- This includes creation of drive-specific messaging for Programmers, including materials, talking points, support and instructions
- Assist the Board and GM in creating targeted member lists for specific projects, efforts and events, including capital campaign
- Process Building Fund (capital campaign) donations, ensure that donors are thanked
- Assist General Manager and BOD with information and outreach for the Building Fund and other fundraising efforts
- Facilitate and process vehicle donations
- Process corporate matching gifts
- Serve on Finance Committee
- Provide administrative support for Board of Directors elections
- Coordinate volunteers for phone answering during office hours
- Work with input from GM and staff to create and evolve station messaging
- Compose and record promos for events and pledge drives
- Provide support for events with pledge forms and other station materials
- Manage and expand social media outreach
- Compose and execute direct mailings, including membership renewal information and thank you messages
- Compose and edit quarterly e-newsletter for members via Mailchimp
- Update KZYX webpage as needed
- Other duties as assigned by General Manager
- Experience in membership and donor management for a non-profit organization
- Experience managing fundraising efforts
- Experience using donor software programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- General administrative skills
- Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends, with some long days required during peak fundraising times.
- Strong judgment, sense of ethics, integrity and accountability.
- Passion for and knowledge of public media and its mission.
- Ability to work effectively as a member and leader of a team
- Public radio fundraising experience, including experience managing on-air pledge drives
- Ability to effectively plan, create, execute, analyze and report on fundraising programs
- Bilingual (Spanish-English)
Vacation and dental coverage is provided, as well as a health insurance stipend.
Deadline: Monday, January 9 at 5pm Pacific Time
Mendocino County Public Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information or age. KZYX covers rural Mendocino County with two transmitters and a translator. The station operates three remote studios as well as a main studio in Philo CA, with a move to the new studios in Ukiah CA anticipated in late 2023. An NPR affiliate, KZYX has more than 100 volunteers actively producing public affairs, music and entertainment programming; and a range of diverse programming from independent and network public radio resources. KZYX also provides timely, live local emergency information to the community when needed. KZYX has 2,000 members. Nearly 1,000 have contributed to the KZYX Building Fund, to support moving the main operations to the largest populated city in the county, Ukiah. The move date is planned for late 2023.