KZYX, Mendocino County Public Broadcasting, is seeking a Production Director.
- Coordinate schedule of music shows, find substitutes, assist in recruitment and training of new programmers in consultation with Program Director.
- Assist with programmer training, working with Program Director and Operations Director.
- With other staff, update and edit website.
- Support programming that reflects diverse community needs, including listeners who are underserved at the present time including youth, Latino, Native American and LGBTQ community.
- Manage social media related to music programming on KZYX.
- Oversee acquisition and integration of digital and CD music library.
- Develop and maintain relationships with record labels and acquire relevant new releases in a timely fashion.
- Manage and maintain the music library.
- Promote and air relevant new releases.
- Carry out quarterly reporting to Sound Exchange.
- Assist programmers with Spinitron.
- Assist in recording promos and underwriting.
- Edit and do post production on public affairs and music programs.
- Assist in organization and operation of fundraising drives.
- With Operations Director, conduct routine maintenance checks at radio tower sites.
- Support Operations Director and Program Director as needed:
- Act as backup to supervise DAD automation.
- Coordinate with both public affairs and music programmers.
- Serve as general support to both Operations Director and Program Director
- Assist in emergency situations, such as PSPS and fire and flood emergencies, including providing on-air hourly updates during disasters.
- Other duties as assigned by General Manager.
- Experience in producing live and recorded radio programs and announcements
- Proven commitment to noncommercial radio
- Proficiency in a range of technical radio applications, with ability and willingness to learn more
- Proven ability to work in harmony with a variety of people
- Proven ability to successfully juggle a number of tasks
- Excellent communication skills.
- Bilingual (Spanish-English)
Part-time hourly position. Please send letter of application plus resume to Marty Durlin, General Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31, 2020.