North Coast Opportunities which operates in 7 counties all over the north coast is currently celebrating its 50th year!
As a community action agency, we have been proudly assisting low-income and disadvantaged people since 1968.
Did you know that over 20% of the population in Lake and Mendocino Counties live below the poverty line? Our programs address societal barriers that exist for low income families and individuals with the intent to fight the impacts of poverty..
Have you heard of any of our programs? We operate programs such as:
- Head Start and Early Head Start child development programs, which means high quality preschool and childcare in Mendocino and Lake Counties.
- Rural Communities Child Care provides childcare referrals, training for providers, a food program and childcare subsidies to help working parents afford child care.
- Our Gardens Project and Mendo Lake Food Hub help individual gain access to healthy food that is produced locally.
- The Caring Kitchen Program trains youth and adult volunteers who prepare meals for those who are receiving treatment for cancer.
- Redwood Caregiver Resource Center offers support and assistance to caregivers of adults with brain impairments.
- New Digs Rapid Rehousing Project works with Lake County Social Services to help the most vulnerable of the homeless population find stable housing.
- Disaster Case Management Teams in Lake and Mendocino Counties work with fire survivors to rebuild homes with the help of volunteers from AmeriCorps and Hope City.
- Walk and Bike Mendocino promotes walking and biking as a primary transportation choice for short distance travel.
- Leadership Mendocino is designed to educate local citizens about becoming more involved in communities across the county, and…
- The Volunteer Network creates opportunities for people of all ages to volunteer, learn and lead within their communities.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT NCO PROGRAMS, VISIT NCOINC.ORG OR CALL OUR MAIN OFFICE AT 707-467-3200