INFORMATION WE REQUIRE
- Name of the Host Organization.
- Date, Time, and Location of the Event.
- Description of the Event (try and provide all the information in 80 words or less).
- Contact: We must have a name and at least one of the following: Phone, Web Address, Email.
HOW THE PROCESS WORKS
- PSAs are arranged by date, and placed in either the Non-Profit or the For-Profit PSA books in the studio on Monday. Programmers have access to all PSAs and have discretion as to which PSAs they read.
- PSAs must be received by noon Friday each week. PSAs received after noon Friday will not be considered until Friday of the week following. PSAs should be submitted at least two weeks in advance.
- Non-Profit events will be accepted for the website, programmer use, and the "Community Calendar". Our volunteer coordinator will have the option of placing any Non-Profit PSA on the "Community Calendar". For-Profit events will be accepted for the website and programmer use only, and not included on the recorded calendars.
GUIDELINES FOR PSAs
1. PSAs are subject to editing. Note:
Please use standard English.
Avoid email or text-message shorthand.
Do not use all caps, as in"ALL CAPS".
Include a pronunciation guide for any names/words not familiar to the reader.
2. PSAs should be 40 to 80 words; usually less-is-more, so be concise, but if you need 80 words, take them.
3. PSAs must have:
no “calls to action”, i.e., “Come on down”, “Join us”, “Act now,” , which are considered commercial in nature by the FCC.
no inducements or endorsements; avoid saying i.e., “a gift for the first 5 customers” or “This week only”.
no reference to price or value; listing a price, including “free”, is not allowed.
5. Events where all of the money goes to a qualified non-profit will be categorized as "Non-Profit" even if the non-profit is using a commercial space. All other events will be designated by KZYX as "For Profit" or "Non Profit" based on available information.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR PSA
- Go back to the menu above (the same one you used to read this page) and select the link most applicable to you - for profit event, non profit event or nonprofit service. Fill out the form and submit it.
- Programmers are instructed to read only PSAs that have been properly submitted (options 1-4 in this section.)
- Telephone submissions are not accepted.
- If multiple submissions are made for the same event, KZYX&Z will use the later of the two submissions.
- If conflicting submissions are received (same venue, date, time, different hosts) neither submission will used.