MY THOUGHTS ABOUT SANDY HOOK
MY THOUGHTS ABOUT THE SANDY HOOK MASSACRE
I hesitate to link the cultural degradation of children to the slaughter in Sandy Hook. The cause would logically exist within the gunman's psychotic mind, as a colossal collapse of all rational and moral control systems.
But --- the gunman may very well have been a victim too.
Although it may sound like the predictable grousing of the generational gap, I do see children growing up in degraded conditions found throughout modern pop culture. Few kids will commit such horrific acts as this rampage, but many may realize adult lives of inner and outer deprivation, and thus become lost soul as adults.
And any society that eats its young is already extinct.
My thoughts include these concerns, where:
1. Children, born and unborn, exist as indentured servants to the national debt. There is no sign that the current spenders, and politicians who exploit the situation, can control their hunger for guaranteed support. Or accept innovative mechanisms for altering the payment structure. Plus, this generation, possibly ourselves as well, are facing an imminent collapse of the dollar and economy as the Federal Reserve prints and prints and prints Fiat currency.
2. They are born into a culture that increasingly considers Fathers Optional. The family is no longer honored as a necessary infrastructure. A too dominant maternal power is unchecked without the balance of the male influence. The children find the male or Yang influence in venues with less discipline, such as gangs or armies or sadistic games.
3. It is now possible to graduate from a reputable college with little capacity for critical or original thinking, curiosity, sense of history, or ability to convert thoughts into organized and persuasive communication. Their informational exchanges exist as Tweets and text messages.
4. Their minds, so lacking in deeper levels of inquiry, are easily influenced by the demagogues of entertainment and political culture. They will be easily led to any seductive situation. Celebrity culture is an exchange of one’s shallow identity for a projected fantasy. A recent survey found that most youth, when asked what they wanted to be, responded with “a celebrity”.
5. Their minds, so formed, cannot detect or question all the bias that shapes everything that comes into their transient purview. The mainstream media, the social media, the textbooks with the official historical records. Even NPR.
6. Their conditioning will not notice that the USA is becoming a police state, controlled by the invasions of Homeland Security, the coercive power of the IRS, the manipulation of the economy to finance the state.
7. They will believe that they are “free” because of the democratic process, as taught by the public schools, where the lies are maintained.
That this horror occurred in the assumed safe zone of a privileged suburb in tony Connecticut, with the executioner nurtured in the same community….may be evidence that these ruinous influences have no boundaries.
It may not be a problem of money, race, or lack of public and private resources. Something far darker is happening in society.